National Asset-Liability Management Global
This year we will focus on investment challenges in a world of low returns; managing asset allocation, investment and the optimisation of balance sheets and portfolios; and changes to market structures and the implications for reserve managers.
What is the National Asset-Liability Management Global Conference?
For 2020, we have redesigned the NALM conferences. We are excited to launch our flagship NALM event – NALM Global. You will connect with professionals from market operations, foreign exchange reserves, financial markets and monetary operations across the globe to discuss, share and debate best approaches to tackling key challenges faced.
What will the event cover?
Programme topic highlights include:
• What is the future of the monetary system?
• Strategies to minimise the impact of negative rates
• Climate risk and investment strategies - what can be achieved?
• Expert led working groups on use of derivatives, gold, equities, digital currencies and sustainability
• Advantages of using external managers to invest in emerging markets
• Oxford style debate: This conference believes that 'Dollar is the worst reserve currency except all of the other ones'
What's new for 2020?
• New streams tailored to suit your needs:
- Diversifying asset classes
- Climate risk and ESG
• More interactive sessions to facilitate open discussion amongst peers
• A global perspective for a global audience, with new sessions including panel members from each continent
• Double the number of speakers, including out of industry speakers offering a fresh new perspective
• Plenary sessions covering major topics such as Risk Management and Negative Rates
• New formats, including oxford style debates and scenario games
• A brand new steering committee (to be revealed soon)
Brussels - new location for 2020
With policy-making coming out of the EU headquarters in Brussels, this is the political capital of Europe, as well as the economic capital of Belgium and one of the top financial centres of Western Europe. As a Schengen country, Brussels is easy to access and visit, with a wide variety of transport links making it an easily accessible destination for neighbouring regions.
What can participants expect on the day?
• Expert opinion and insightful sessions
• Stimulating conversations, on stage and on the sidelines, in a confidential environment
• Knowledgeable chairs and moderators steering debates and summarising discussions
• Making new acquaintances (and renewing old ones) with multiple networking opportunities throughout the conference
What will participants come away with?
Participants leave Central Banking events stimulated, informed, challenged and equipped.
The National Asset-Liability Management events will be of value to any practitioner wishing to stay at the forefront of developments in the growth of the sovereign wealth fund.
100+ insititutions from around the world have previously attended
More than 100 institutions have previously attended Central Banking's National Asset-Liability Management conferences, from all across Europe and beyond.