Welcome to the 4th Annual Middle-East Symposium
29 & 30 October 2013, Abu Dhabi
Reserve Management - Achieving Better Returns Through Diversification and Enhanced Risk Management
Central Banking Publications is pleased to announce the dates of the 4th annual National Asset-Liability Management Middle-East Symposium which will take place on 29 & 30 October at the Intercontinential in Abu Dhabi.
As the global markets look out to the post-crisis world where interest rates are at a record low and demand for liquidity is high, uncertainty still dominates headlines. This conference agenda offers in-depth panel discussions and presentations on methods of diversifying asset allocations, optimising reserve levels for a better return profile and implementing best practices for risk management.
- H.E Saif Bin Hadef Al-Shamsi, Assistant Governor, Monetary Policy and Financial Stability, Central Bank of UAE
- Ted H Chu, Chief Economist, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
- Hatem Ibrahim, General Manager Risk Management, Central Bank of Egypt
- Khalid Al Khater, Director, Department of Research and Monetary Policy, Qatar Central Bank
Topics to be discussed include:
- Macroeconomic Outlook: An update on market movements and changing sovereign investment strategy Methods of managing institutional reserve accumulation
- The Eurozone: How have the events of the year so far impacted the position of the Euro as a reserve currency?
- What impact is quantitative easing having on national balance sheets?
- In what way will diversifying into new currencies contribute to the demand for returns being balanced?
- Addressing the rising issue of sovereign credit risk
- Monetary policy operations and risks from reserve management