National Asset-Liability Management Africa 2014
The 5th annual National Asset-Liability Management Africa dates have been announced! We hope that you can join us this year on the 30-31 October in Johannesburg.
This year the 2014 Africa symposium, will offer a comprehensive 2-day agenda, providing expert insights on governance; risk and investment strategies for sustainable growth; reserve management best practice; and national wealth management
**While the 2014 programme is being finalised please review last year's agenda highlights and speakers below for an idea of what this year's symposium will offer you and your organisation:**
Highlights of the 2013 programme and themes explored at last year's symposium included:
- The main issues currently affecting reserve management in Africa
- Managing monetary policy in the current market: a macroeconomic outlook
- Where to invest-what currencies and what markets?
- The currency debate - moving away from the conventional investment strategies
- How to manage the key issue of the risk associated with diversification?
- Case study: risk appetite
- Developing local debt markets - best practices to grow investor base
- Looking beyond the traditional: new approaches to assessing risk in global bond portfolios
2013 speakers included:
- Soloman Kavuma, Deputy Director, Reserves and Investment Management Operations, Bank of Uganda
- Stephen Opata, Chief Manager, Risk Management and Foreign Exchange Monitoring Unit, Treasury Department, Bank of Ghana
- Hatem Ibrahim, General Manager, Risk Management, Central Bank of Egypt
- Axel Schimmelpfennig, Senior Resident Representative International Monetary Fund
- Moses Tule, Director, Monetary Policy Department Central Bank of Nigeria