National Asset-Liability Management Africa 2014
The 5th annual National Asset-Liability Management Africa dates to be announced soon! Click here to be reminded of all event updates.
Following four successful years, Central Banking Publications will soon announce the date of the 5th annual National Asset-Liability Management Africa.
The symposium will cover a broad spectrum of topics addressing the most current issues faced by the managers of sovereign wealth.
Join your peers and attend our symposium bringing guidance to central banks and sovereign wealth institutions on governance, risk and investment strategies for sustainable growth, best practices in reserve management and national wealth management.
2014 programme to be released soon!
Click here to be reminded of all 2014 event updates.
The following information refers to our recent 2013 symposium.
Highlights of the 2013 programme and themes being explored at the symposium included:
- The main issues currently affecting reserve management in Africa
- Managing monetary policy in the current market: a macroeconomic outlook
- Where to invest-what currencies and what markets?
- The currency debate - moving away from the conventional investment strategies
- How to manage the key issue of the risk associated with diversification?
- Case study: risk appetite
- Developing local debt markets - best practices to grow investor base
- Looking beyond the traditional: new approaches to assessing risk in global bond portfolios
2013 speakers include:
- Soloman Kavuma, Deputy Director, Reserves and Investment Management Operations, Bank of Uganda
- Stephen Opata, Chief Manager, Risk Management and Foreign Exchange Monitoring Unit, Treasury Department, Bank of Ghana
- Hatem Ibrahim, General Manager, Risk Management, Central Bank of Egypt
- Axel Schimmelpfennig, Senior Resident Representative International Monetary Fund
- Moses Tule, Director, Monetary Policy Department Central Bank of Nigeria